Sunday 22 July 2012

In Print with Loud & Quiet

It's been a strange old year so far... It started out with the sad demise of Ragged Words (or sad pause, I hope?) who gave me the opportunity to photograph so many amazing bands and musical heroes. However, the loss of the work I got through them spurred me on to put myself out there a bit more and approach new sites. Happily, alongside the work I already do for The Line Of Best Fit and God Is In The TV, I've now been taken on by The Fly and have my first gigs for them under my belt. 

In addition, I shot my first gig for Loud & Quiet earlier this month. The new issue came out yesterday and as luck would have it, I was at an in store performance at Flash Back records in Islington last night & they'd had their delivery, so I was able to grab a copy on release day. Rather excitingly I have a photograph of Sunless 97 featured, fulfilling one of my long time ambitions of being in print, in a music paper. I have had stuff printed before, but Rock sound didn't credit me and the other two publications weren't music press as such. I know, I'm splitting hairs here, but it's an important distinction for me!

You can pick up a copy of Loud & Quiet at any one of 105 music venues, pubs or cafes in London or 119 venues nationwide. They have a full list of stockists here.

So anyway, here it is and I hope to be shooting many more gigs for them!



No comments:

Post a Comment