Sunday 2 June 2013

Sneak Previews

I photographed two amazing gigs last week... my first for a couple of months. Its just been one of those situations where I got so busy with other things that photographing gigs kinda slipped a bit. The first gig was on Wednesday at Islington Assembly Hall. It my first time setting foot in the venue and I have to say I'm a fan. A really lovely place with fantastic lighting and it made me realize I've missed this. What a way to re-ignite my passion for photographing live music. The headliners were The delightfully unusual Handsome Family, with support from Dutch trio SnowApple. 

Rennie Sparks - The Handsome Family

Snowapple


The following night I was at one of my all time favourite venues, Shepherds Bush Empire. I say this every time I go there, but they have the best staff in the business, polite, knowledgeable and helpful. The headliners on this occasion were the sublime Felice Brothers and I was so excited to get the opportunity to photograph them again. Support came from Willy Mason.

The Felice Brothers

The Felice Brothers set list

Willy Mason

A full post will come later once the review & live galleries go up on God Is In The TV...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment